The UN Resident Coordinator Office
The United Nations in Jordan is represented by 17 resident agencies, funds and specialised programmes, working together to deliver as One UN through the coordination, development and implementation of activities.
The United Nations Country Team in Jordan is supporting the Government of Jordan in the implementation of Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, bringing together the expertise and capacity of the humanitarian and development communities.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are central to the realisation of Jordan’s national objectives, as stated in its national plans and calls for a comprehensive and coherent approach mainstreamed in the interlinkages of the SDGs.
The UNCT strengthens its approach through multi-stakeholders and partners process that translates into national ownership, promoting and mainstreaming human rights.
Given the challenges faced by Jordan in a volatile region, the UN has aligned its work with the principles of the Prevention Agenda promoted by the Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in increasing the Kingdom’s resilience to external shocks.
As head of the country team in Jordan, the Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator steers the collective leadership of the UNCT towards more coherent, effective, and accountable support to Jordan.
The Resident Coordinator Office's team
The UN Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator is assisted by a highly professional and committed team comprised of:
- Agnese SPIAZZI, Head of Office
- Christina MEINECKE, Senior Human Rights Adviser
- Amal Hamidallah, Peace and Development Adviser;
- Cengiz Cihan, Senior Economist;
- Nihal Kanaan, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist;
- Khetam Malkawi, Communications and Advocacy Officer;
- Husam Al-Kayyali, Partnerships and Development Finance Specialist;
- Sana'a Al-Shami, Administrative Assistant
- Anastasiia Galina, Data and Knowledge Management Analyst
- Raghad Zayed, Communications and Coordination Assistant
- Rascha Al Baba, Human Rights Associate